Please Copy and Paste the following in an Email to us!
1. What sort of dwelling do you reside in? (house, condo, apartment, ect.)
2. Do you rent or own your home? NOTE: if you rent, a signed letter from your landlord stating that dogs are permitted on his/her property must be received before a puppy will be sent home with you. The breeder reserves the right to contact your landlord before placement of a puppy.
Please provide landlord's contact information: name, email, telephone.
3. Name, address, and phone number of your veterinarian
4. Who will be the primary caregiver?
5. How many adults live in the home? Do you have any children? If so what are their ages?
6. Where will the puppy be kept during the night? During the day?
7. Is anyone home during the day?
8. What sort of activities do you and your family enjoy in your spare time?
9. How many hours on average will the puppy be left alone?
10. Will there be someone available to feed and exercise the puppy during the day?
11. Do you have any other dogs? If so, how many, what gender, what age, and are they spayed or neutered?
12. Have you ever owned a dog before?
13. Does anyone in your household have allergies to animals? If yes, to what and how severe?
14. Are you interested in a male or female puppy? Why?
15. Is this puppy a surprise for someone else in the family?
16. Does everyone in the family want a puppy?
17. Have you considered an older dog instead of a puppy?
18. How did you learn about this breed?
19. What sort of reference materials have you read? How many individuals of this breed are you acquainted with?
20. What do you expect the activity level of this breed to be? (high/moderate/low)
21. How many hours a day will the puppy be kept outside?
22. How will the puppy be confined when outside?
23. Do you have a fenced in yard? If so how large?
24. If you don't have a fenced in yard, are you willing to build a secure fence/pen as an area for the dog to exercise?
25. Have you ever house trained a dog before?
26. Will you be attending any training classes or getting a private trainer? If so, what age will you start?
27. What sort of activities or competitions are you interested in?
28. Have you ever returned a pet to their breeder, given a pet away, or taken a pet to the pound/shelter? If so what were the circumstances?
29. If your family circumstances change, (I.e. New baby, change of residence, divorce) what will happen to the dog?
30. Do you plan on doing any of the following with your dog?: Schutzhund, personal protection, AKC/UKC shows, Obedience/rally, therapy or service work?
31. Do you have intentions of breeding your dog? If so are you aware of our breeding requirements?
32. Do you understand the difference between limited & full registration?
33. Why have you decided to purchase a German Shepherd?
34. Are you aware of potential health issues and the steps the breeder takes to avoid them?
35. Are you aware of the high energy of German Shepherds?
36. Are you aware of the grooming needs of German Shepherds? How do you feel about a dog that sheds heavily throughout the year?
37. What sort of food do you plan on feeding? Would you like the breeders recommendations?
38. What sort of dental care do you plan to do? Would you like information about proper dental care from the breeder?
39. Are you aware of hip dysplasia? Would you like information about how to prevent it from your breeder?
40. Please list any questions you may have for me.